TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Vonage no Longer Shipping Linksys PAP2

Vonage no Longer Shipping Linksys PAP2

Dave (davidf@popmail.com)
2 Nov 2004 16:56:40 -0800

Anyone else heard Vonage is no longer shipping the PAP2 due to "an
excessive amount of problems and returns"?

That's the exact information I got from a great tech support rep at
Vonage who tried getting a PAP2 sent to me after I was default shipped
the Linksys RT31PT.

He called the warehouse and was told they have PAP2 on hand but they
are not permitted to ship them due to all the problems.

One thing the rep told me is buzzing on calls when using the PAP2. I
use my Vonage as a fax line, so I made a regular "voice" call and sure
enough, as soon as I dialed my first digit I hear a hum/buzz.

The PAP2 was great because it was so small. Easy to throw in a bag to
travel.

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Nextel and Verizon Settle Legal Disputes"
Go to Previous message: Ruchit Garg: "Playing Out DTMF Tone in a Dialogic Channel"
May be reply: brmorris@yahoo.com: "Re: Vonage no Longer Shipping Linksys PAP2"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page