TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VPN Over Vonage Router

Re: VPN Over Vonage Router

Rick Merrill (RickMerrill@comTHROW.net)
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:35:26 GMT

Mike Kraley wrote:

> I have a Linksys RT31P2 router for my Vonage VOIP
> connection. Everything else works fine, but I cannot establish a
> vanilla Microsoft VPN connection thru it. Topology is my computer to
> Linksys to cable modem thru internet to VPN server. I could easily
> establish a connection with my previous router (DLINK DI-624) where
> the Linksys is now.

> Now, however, I get hung at the "verifying username and password"
> prompt. Googling this says the likely culprit is that PPTP passthru
> is not enabled in the router; however, this router gives such an
> option in its menus and it is enabled.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> ....Mike

Do you mean that the RT31P2 is your TA (telephone adapter)? Why did
you change from the Dlink? Have you power cycled all components?

Go to Next message: Marcus Didius Falco: "When Phones Go Bad"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"
May be in reply to: Mike Kraley: "VPN Over Vonage Router"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page