TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Callsigns and Horse Teeth

Re: Callsigns and Horse Teeth

Fritz Whittington (f.whittington@att.net)
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:46:47 -0500

On or about 2004-10-22 09:58, Tony Pelliccio whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

> jtaylor <jtaylor@hfx.deletethis.andara.com> wrote in message

>> TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to <jmayson@nyx.net> in message

>>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, no matter how many teeth you
>>> saw in the mouth of some particular horse, there can always be
>>> exceptions. For example, how many toes does a cat have on its paws?
>>> Some people would say 'five', which is normally the correct
>>> answer. But some cats have *six* toes on one (or all four) feet. The
>>> vernacular name for such cats is 'polydex' and my first cat 'Nicholas'
>>> (the one who was so warm and loving, not the later Nicholas who was
>>> always hateful with humans) was that way. Nicholas had six toes on
>>> each of his two front paws, five toes on each of his back paws. I
>>> guess it is some genetic thing going back a million years or so. PAT]

>> Polydactyl cats are particularly common (not just if you count them by
>> their toes) around Boston and Halifax; must have been some good
>> mousers in the first lot of ships to come over.

> Throughout New England actually. I've got a very heavy polydactyl who
> knows he should pounce on a mouse but then plays around until he kills
> it and then doesn't know what to do with it.

> In his case he weighs in at close to 30 lbs. so it is a little bit hard
> to pounce when you are that large. Thing is, he's a big cat.

<snip>

Let me guess. You call him "Garfield", right?

Well, you should!

Fritz Whittington

It is better to live in a free society, and risk death by a terrorist
attack, than to live in a "safe" police state.

Go to Next message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: Yet Another Telco Tax Proposed"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: What Happened to Channel 1?"
May be in reply to: jmayson@nyx.net: "Callsigns and Horse Teeth"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page