TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 'K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns

Re: 'K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns

Dave Close (dave@compata.com)
22 Oct 2004 20:10:32 -0700

Linc Madison <lincmad@suespammers.org> writes:

> What I find rather more interesting are situations where stations
> sharing the same callsign are in completely different metropolitan
> areas. For example, KCBS-TV is in Los Angeles, but KCBS-AM is in San
> Francisco.

That's because, until fairly recently, KCBS-TV was KNXT. The network
evidently decided branding was more important than history.

Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA "Politics is the business of getting
dave@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359 power and privilege without
dhclose@alumni.caltech.edu possessing merit." - P. J. O'Rourke

Go to Next message: Neal McLain: "Re: Who Carries TV Signals and Long Distance -- Today?"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: 'K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns"
May be in reply to: Neal McLain: "'K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns"