TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 'K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns

Re: 'K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns

Linc Madison (lincmad@suespammers.org)
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:55:43 -0700

I grew up in Dallas, Texas, with WRR-FM and WRR-AM (now KAAM-AM),
WBAP-AM and WBAP-TV (now KXAS-TV), WFAA-AM and WFAA-TV, and, down in
San Antonio, WOAI-AM and -TV. I then moved near Philadelphia and
watched KYW-TV.

What I find rather more interesting are situations where stations
sharing the same callsign are in completely different metropolitan
areas. For example, KCBS-TV is in Los Angeles, but KCBS-AM is in San
Francisco.

Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * lincmad@suespammers.org
<http://www.LincMad.com> * primary e-mail: Telecom at LincMad dot com
All U.S. and California anti-spam laws apply, incl. CA BPC 17538.45(c)
This text constitutes actual notice as required in BPC 17538.45(f)(3).
DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS. You have been warned.

Go to Next message: Tony Pelliccio: "Re: Yet Another Telco Tax Proposed"
Go to Previous message: John R. Covert: "Re: AMTRAK (was Re: Last, Sad Laugh! A Nice Place to Work!)"
May be in reply to: Neal McLain: "'K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns"