TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Where Did This Call Come From?

Re: Where Did This Call Come From?

Colin (colins@swiftdsl.com.au)
13 Jul 2007 23:28:31 +1000

Mr. Land wrote:

> Hi,

> I received a cellphone voicemail from someone (I think in Europe) in a
> language I can't identify. My cellphone voicemail service will give
> me the originating number, and I'm trying to figure out where it came
> from and what language it's in.

> The source number as reported by my voicemail is of the form:

> 349502nnnnn

> (I've left out the last 5 digits to maintain anonymity of the caller.)

> Anything I can find on the Web seems to indicate that the leading "34"
> implies the call came from Spain, but the language is definitely not
> Spanish.

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks.

34950 is Almera in Spain on the Mediterranean coast. There are
probably more foreigners holidaying there (or retired there) than
there are Spaniards.

Colin

Go to Next message: ranck@vt.edu: "Re: Where Did This Call Come From?"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: Where Did This Call Come From?"
May be in reply to: Mr. Land: "Where Did This Call Come From?"