TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail

Re: Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail

Tom Horsley (tom.horsley@att.net)
Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:30:25 GMT

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:01:30 -0400
mc <look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote:

> Well said! The spam-filtering and antivirus industries have often struck me
> as enemies disguised as friends. They rely on spam and viruses to continue,
> so they can continue selling us their technological solutions to human
> problems.

And as near as I can tell, the only difference between anti-virus
software and an actual virus is that you pay money to deliberately
infect your system with anti-virus software which will render it
sluggish and useless just like the viruses it claims to protect you
from. (Or with the recent Norton debacle in China, will completely
break your computer).

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yeah, but the way you can almost always
guarantee a virus-free computer is by putting up with that
sluggishness while the virus checker thing literally examines the
entire page you are atempting to download. Damned if you do, and
damned if you don't, it would seem. PAT]

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Online Porn Merchants Dodge Internet Dragnet"
Go to Previous message: Curtis R Anderson: "Re: Time Warner Digital Phone Question"
May be in reply to: Gene Johnson, AP Legal Affairs Writer: "Top Spammer Arrested; Watch for Decrease in Spam Mail"