TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T Steps up Cingular Rebranding Ahead of iPhone

Re: AT&T Steps up Cingular Rebranding Ahead of iPhone

John Mayson (john@mayson.us)
Mon, 21 May 2007 17:22:18 -0500

On Mon, 21 May 2007, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> "Customer Service" is often used as a way to sell callers even more
> features, not necessarily _serve_ the customers. Free advice is not
> profitable. Everything focuses on profit, Sell! Sell! Sell!.
> Providing high quality service -- going that extra mile to minimize
> cutoffs or noisy connections -- is a low priority.

> (anyone with a different opinion on wireless businesses)?

> public replies, please.

Over the years I have been with AT&T Wireless, BellSouth Mobility,
Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, and Sprint PCS. The only one that I think
came even remotely close to what I could call "customer service" was
BellSouth Mobility, but this was in the mid-1990's.

My experience with Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile were this: We had
all kinds of issues with the service. Missed calls. Dropped calls.
I'd get a voice mail days after it was left. Their "solution" was for
me to buy a new phone, at full price. When the contract was about to
expire they told us we had been eligible for everything from firmware
updates to free phone upgrades and if we'd just sign up for another
two years...

My employer has provided me a cell phone once again, through Sprint. I'm
having the same problem I had with the other two where I'll get a
notification for a voice mail and discover it was left days ago. In the
business world this is totally unacceptable. Sprint's solution is for me
to get a new phone, but my employer isn't all that enthusiastic about that
solution. In my mind the voice mail delays are the system's fault and not
my phone's. I can call to check my messages on Tuesday and have zero
voice mails, then on Thursday receive an alert about voice mail, and learn
it was left on Monday. How is that my phone's fault?

John Mayson <john@mayson.us>

Austin, Texas, USA

Go to Next message: Eric Auchard, Reuters: "e-Mail to Bypass Phone Charges"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "AT&T Steps up Cingular Rebranding Ahead of iPhone"