TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio

Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio

Wesrock@aol.com
Fri, 18 May 2007 20:53:36 EDT

In a message dated Fri, 18 May 2007 09:43:57 PDT, Paul Coxwell
<paul_coxwell@yahoo.com> writes:

[ ... ]

> I have a Star communications receiver, built in the 1960s for the
> North American market and it has the band from approx. 1.6 to 1.7MHz
> marked as "Police," so presumably it was still in fairly widespread
> use at that time.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol used to use 1626 kHz. I don't know when
they shifted away from that.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Train Passengers Asked to Get out and Push Stalled Train"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Telephone Dialing in Old Movies, Police Radio"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page