TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

George Berger (gberger@his.com)
Mon, 07 May 2007 21:24:53 -0400

henry999@eircom.net (Henry) wrote:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Like the time I used the word
>> 'niggardly' in this Digest and was promptly scolded for using racist
>> language. (That is an /a/ as the fifth letter from the left and not
>> an /e/) PAT]

> It gets even worse than that, Pat. Some years ago there was a budget
> analyst in the Washington, D.C. local government who referred to a
> particular expenditure as niggardly. He was fired!

> cheers,

> Henry

I do wish they had taken the time to look up the meaning of the word
in Webster's International Dictionary, as it has very little or
nothing to do with race.

Assuming anyone in the DC Government can read. (sigh)

George

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
-- Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman (attributed)

Go to Next message: Kenneth Li: "Old Media Turns Combative Against New Media"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Enterprise and Zenith Numbers"
May be in reply to: Duetche Presse Agentur: "Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"