TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Farmers' Cooperatives (was: Re Foreign Directory Listings)

Farmers' Cooperatives (was: Re Foreign Directory Listings)

Wesrock@aol.com
Sat, 5 May 2007 21:02:00 EDT

editor@telecom-digest.org writes in a note to a post:

> There are still a few rural farmer's telephone cooperatives operating
> here in Kansas. I think 620-926 in Liberty, Kansas (a 'suburb' of
> Coffeyville/Independence is one such.) Liberty is a one stoplight town
> of about 300 people, one general store, and of course, the obligatory
> road house tavern out on the highway somewhere.

The Pioneer Telephone Cooperative is a vast telephone exchange
operator in northwestern Oklahoma, and its headquarters in Kingfisher,
Oklahoma, cover several blocks, including its toll switching
operations. It also provides cellular service.

There are many other such companies around that took advantage of the
low- or no-interest federal loans that financed these companies ... in
many cases, were the reason for the organization of the companies.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Al Gillis: "Enterprise and Zenith Numbers"
Go to Previous message: Sven Appel, DPA : "Latest Mobile Phones Need Virus Protection"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page