TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Reverse 911

Re: Reverse 911

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Wed, 02 May 2007 21:30:01 -0400

KBSchmith wrote:

> On Mar 10, 12:13 pm, Claude J Ortega <cj-usenet-01_S...@comcast.net>
> wrote:

>> In article <telecom26.6...@telecom-digest.org>,
>> rick0.merr...@NOSPAM.gmail.com says...

>>> Just received a call as follows: (999) 999-9999 NAME NOT FOUND
>>> and it was an "amber alert" about a missing boy in our town.
>>> Has anyone else heard of this?

>> Yep, my town is trying it out.

>> I have an answering machine on my line, to filter out the
>> telemarketers, and thereverse911 system just hangs up without giving
>> out the 'important' message. :-(

>> Claude

> Claude ~ What community are you in? I'm curious about the missing
> boy alert and the Caller ID. Our system does identify the agency
> sending out the alert, including a phone number. that's why I wonder
> where you are and what system they used. The legitimate reverse911
> (not imitations) let's an agency show an ID

[not Claude] Our police chief says there are two agencies: one is free
and does not give caller id nor a call back. The second costs but
gives a caller ID and a callback number.

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Verizon Reports Strong 1Q 2007 Results, Driven by Top-Line Growth"
Go to Previous message: John Mayson: "Yahoo! versus Google"
May be in reply to: Rick Merrill: "Reverse 911"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page