TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

John Mayson (john@mayson.us)
Tue, 01 May 2007 16:17:42 -0500

John Mayson wrote:

> And for a "laster" laugh ...

> Someone inside my company got a notice for inappropriate email for
> sending this very article.

> Political correctness run amok I suppose.

> John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
> Austin, Texas, USA

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No, not 'political correctness' run
> amok but an overabundance of spam/scam which makes email filters
> necessary. This is a perfect example of why email/web site filters do
> _not_ work as they should. People who attempt to legitimatly discuss
> ED (erectile disfunction) run into the same problems on the web as the
> people who wish to legiimatly discuss breast cancer. It cannot be done
> without having to fend off _thousands_ of email items from jackasses.
> PAT]

Point taken.

My wife is a school teacher. I had hurt my back and I sent her an
email describing the pain as "throbbing" which was immediately
rejected by her system's spam filter.

Some people who graduated "magna cum laude" have had their resumes rejected.

What I meant by "political correctness" was humans go to such lengths
not to offend (and expose themselves to lawsuits) that they program
computers to go to ridiculous lengths to "protect" us from each other.

John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
Austin, Texas, USA

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Army Clamping Down on Soldier's Blogs, Web Sites"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: A Shameful Surrender to Pornographers"
May be in reply to: Duetche Presse Agentur: "Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"