TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: BlackBerry Back Up, Questions Linger

Re: BlackBerry Back Up, Questions Linger

Sam Spade (sam@coldmail.com)
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:02:19 -0700

Trouble is, the public switched telephone network is now so intermeshed
with the Internet you have to wonder how long it would remain intact
with a serious attack on its network.

Tara Seals wrote:

> "Networks work fine until they reach their capacity, then all sorts of
> strange things happen," he said. "The immediate solution: Call in and
> use the phone to check for messages. The phone. you know, that big thing
> on most desks with a wire coming out the back. This is a sampling of the
> chaos we could be working through if we have a meltdown of our networks,
> or a terrorist attack. Terrorists could cause so much more damage
> breaking our networks."

Go to Next message: Bruce Meyerson AP : "Software Update Led to BlackBerry Outage"
Go to Previous message: Sam Spade: "Re: Utah Proposes Requiring Wireless Passwords"
May be in reply to: Tara Seals, Reuters: "BlackBerry Back Up, Questions Linger"