TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning

Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning

Neal McLain (nmclain@annsgarden.com)
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:05:27 -0500

Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org> responded:

> FYI: RG-59 has an upper bandwidth pass of around 800-900MHz. Cable
> companies have long been using RG-6 for their installations which
> has an upper bandwidth pass up around 1.8Ghz.

Or, it might have been the two-way splitter. In my experience,
splitters have caused more grief than RG-59. That said, however, you
definitely should be using RG-6, not RG-59.

> Of course, this doesn't excuse the installation tech that couldn't
> do basic troubleshooting, but it could very well have been your
> interior wiring not being the proper type.

True on both counts.

Neal McLain

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"
Go to Previous message: josh@phred.org: "Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"
May be in reply to: Chloe Albanesius: "Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"