TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: NANP Number Lengths

Re: NANP Number Lengths

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
22 Mar 2007 21:08:57 -0000

In article <telecom26.80.3@telecom-digest.org> you write:

> I've been told by a UK carier that eleven digit numbers beginning 09
> are in use in Canada and diallable by the public - 1 09x xxx xxxx y.

Your carrier is quite mistaken. Canada is tightly integrated into the
NANP and has the same NXX-NXX-XXXX phone numbers as the US and the
small NANP countries.

> As far as I'm aware, although the 09 number space /is/ used, it is
> only for internal network routing purposes and even then will still
> only contain ten digits.

You can see the actual area codes and dialing plan in use at
http://www.cnac.ca.

If they use 09X numbers, it's buried deep in the network.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: Chris Farrar: "Re: NANP Number Lengths"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "AT&T to Serve Up TV Channels on PCs, Mobile Phones"
May be in reply to: Marc: "NANP Number Lengths"