TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk

Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:48:48 -0000

In article <telecom26.69.9@telecom-digest.org>, Jim Stewart
<jstewart@jkmicro.com> wrote:

[[.. munch ..]]

> I've also heard that the only bird that can both talk and fly is the
> parrot, and it can't do either very well ...

Don't believe everything you hear. :)

Besides true parrots, there are a number of closely related species,
like the cockatoo (remember the 'Baretta' TV series ?), and the macaw.

And the mynah bird.

Also the mockingbird and the catbird, although these two are nowhere as
'trainable' as the others.

One thing however, that parrots, and their immediate kin, *are* truely
bad at, is counting. On more than one occasion, the macaw on
Blackbeard's shoulder was heard to proclaim "Pieces of seven! Pieces
of seven! Awwkkkkk!"

Everybody recognized it for what it was -- just a one bit parroty error.

(I had to have _something_ in this USENET posting that was nominally
telecom related. :)

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk"
Go to Previous message: John Schmerold: "Re: Phone Call Routing"
May be in reply to: Marie Skelton, USA Today: "511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk"