TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Unlisted Phone Number

Re: Unlisted Phone Number

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:18:14 -0500

Charles Gray wrote:

> Unless something has changed recently, you can have a phone number
> "unlisted unpublished", which means that it won't be printed in the
> phone directory and directory assistance will not give it out. You
> can have an "unpublished" number, which means that DA will give it
> out, but it won't be printed in the directory. I don't know if the
> charges are/were different or not. I've always had mine "unlisted
> unpublished".

> Regards,

> Charles G. Gray
> Senior Lecturer, Telecommunications
> Oklahoma State University - Tulsa
> (918) 594-8433

But that doesn't mean Google can't find it! For example, see above!-)

The addresses that Switchboard.com and others have do not come from
the telephone directory and therefore they often list "unlisted
numbers."

My hobby is finding lost classmates;-)

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be in reply to: Patricia Pascale: "Unlisted Phone Number"