TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

Re: Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?

Steven Lichter (diespammers@ikillspammers.com)
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:26:44 -0800

Steven Stone wrote:

> In article <telecom26.21.5@telecom-digest.org>, hornetd@mindspring.com
> says:

>> Pat,

>> I don't mean to be insulting with this question so if it is
>> too obvious please forgive me. Is at least one telephone line
>> into your home exchange powered copper twisted pair? Do you

> Doesn't the cell tower connect to the rest of the world via copper or
> fiber feed ? How many of those towers have backup power ? The
> majority of tower sites in my rural area have 4 hours of battery
> backup without an on site generator. After 4 hours you are SOL.

> That's why our local ham radio repeater is located at one of the few
> cell tower sites with a standby generator. We also have 48 hours of
> battery backup.

> Steve
> N2UBP

The cell sites I have worked on have battery backup for about 12
hours, plus a few have generators. Verizon has portable generators
they can move in should power continue to be out, plus they have COW's
to put more service if needed.

The Only Good Spammer is a Dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2007 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot In Hell Co.

Go to Next message: ellis@no.spam: "Re: Interview With Prosecutor on the 'Child Porn' Case"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Palm Treo 650"
May be in reply to: Sam Spade: "Is Your Telephone AC Power Dependent?"