TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?

Re: Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?

jtaylor@NOSPAM.hfx.andara.com
Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:48:46 GMT

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 03:42:01 GMT, Herb Stein <herb@herbstein.com>
wrote:

> <hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message

>> Should kids be even allowed to bring a phone into the building? If
>> so, should it be allowed with them?

>> I am curious as to what other people think of this issue. It is
>> presently controversial.

>> Generally speaking I don't think kids "need" cell phones; for a kid
>> they're generally a luxury rather than a need.

>> I don't buy the argument that parents need to be able to reach their
>> kids "since 9/11". "9/11" was a once in a lifetime event. Other
>> disasters, natural or man-created can of course happen, but they are
>> rare, too.

> I, for one, agree that no school child needs a cell phone. But then
> I'm an old guy. I don't think they need helmets when riding a bicycle
> either.

I think you're right on both, but the second is something that is
supported by studies; the first needs definition of what ways in which
it might be a problem, and then work to decide if those are indeed the
case.

Go to Next message: Henry: "Re: Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "New Motorola Digital Cable Set-tops Have Industry-Leading Features"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?"