TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Best Phone Company in America

Re: The Best Phone Company in America

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:32:10 +0000 (UTC)

In article <telecom26.6.7@telecom-digest.org>, Steven Lichter wrote:

> Cox and Time-Warner got into telephones years before the others, so it
> would not surprise me that they would build backup systems. I had a
> friend of mine that went to work for Time-Warner in south Riverside
> county; he was telephone company trained.

But Verizon and its predecessors were in the phone business long
before Cox or Time Warner, and they make you buy your own battery
backup ...

I think it's not a "we have more of a clue because we've been
providing phone service longer" thing, it's a "we'll differentiate
ourselves by spending some extra money so we can better service the
customer" thing.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Skype as a Replacement For My Phone"
Go to Previous message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: Verizon to Offer TV Shows on Cellphones"
May be in reply to: Jim Haynes: "The Best Phone Company in America"