TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved

Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 04:58:23 +0000 (UTC)

In article <telecom25.432.8@telecom-digest.org>, Ron Kritzman wrote:

> TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

>> Democrats on the Commission held out for concessions,
>> including among others, 'Network Neutrality' and a continued
>> discounting in rates for wholesalers; i.e. the former Prairie Stream
>> Communications and the existing Sage Telecom.

> I read somewhere that unbundled DSL was supposed to be part of the
> deal, but I'm willing to bet it won't cost any less that it did with
> the dial tone.

Interestingly, Covad ... and Speakeasy through Covad ... offer
dedicated ADSL that doesn't require a phone line. It's no more
expensive than shared line DSL. It's just the telcos that require a
phone line.

In article <telecom25.433.3@telecom-digest.org>, Steven Lichter wrote:

> Verizon competes a lot with AT&T, they have their payphone outside of
> most supermarkets and Drug stores all over the country and offer LD

Payphones don't matter anymore.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: RJ: "Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: AT&T 'Family' Reunion: Merger Approved"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page