TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: As Deadline Nears, Banks Toughen Net Protections

Re: As Deadline Nears, Banks Toughen Net Protections

Wesrock@aol.com
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:43:57 EST

Steven Lichter <diespammers@ikillspammers.com> wrote:

> Monty Solomon wrote:

>> By Hiawatha Bray, Globe Staff | December 29, 2006>

> If someone tries to log in from a machine that isn't fingerprinted,
> the bank will send a confirmation message to the customer's e-mail
> address. A crook who's stolen somebody's user name and password
> probably won't have access to the victim's e-mail account, so he can't
> reply to the message, and won't be allowed to log in

I get several fraudulent e-mails a week purporting to be from
either of the two banks I do business with. Most of the time I delete
them immediately without opening them. If your bank really has
something to tell you, they will normally send a message that you have
a message on their secure message site (and do not even specify the
URL, so you have to know how to log on already).

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: As Deadline Nears, Banks Toughen Net Protections"
Go to Previous message: Gina Keating, Reuters: "Tech Firms Probe High-Def DVD Hack"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page